With May’s warm temperatures, you may be contemplating spending more time on your Utah lawn. While it may still be cool at night now, summer is just around the corner and it won’t be long before you can comfortably spend time outside at night as well as during the day. While creating a list of lawn chores, you may want to determine your lighting needs as well.
Many people are spending more time at home and entertaining friends and family instead of going out or going on vacation. There has been an increase in outdoor fireplaces and living rooms that accentuate this trend. While you can purchase a set of furniture that is as comfortable and beautiful as what you may have in your family room, you don’t have to enjoy it only during the day or on the weekend. With proper lighting you can make your lawn safe and beautiful all the time.
When most people consider outdoor lighting, they often concentrate on the driveway or walkway to the house. These areas are important to keep well lit, for reasons of safety and home protection, but you may want to consider lights for your garden, patio, or yard. You can purchase fanciful garden lights that resemble fairy creatures, animals, or insects such as butterflies that cast a low level of light, but enhance the beauty of your garden.
You can also buy torches that you fill with Citronella oil to help repel bugs. You may want to purchase patio lights to hang from the wall or ceiling. Or, you may want to purchase a combination of these lights to create a warm and inviting setting.
There are outdoor lights available in many different styles and colors to help enhance any décor. It depends on your desires and budget. If you are conscious of the environment, there are a wide range of solar lights available that will reduce your energy consumption needs. Take a look at how you want to spend your time this summer, and how you can use your Utah lawn to spend time with those you love. Make the most of your hard work by purchasing outdoor lighting that allows you to enjoy your yard to the fullest.
Weeding, seeding, and watering aren’t the only chores you will want to complete for your Utah lawn this year. You may want to find ways to make your lawn more beautiful and enjoyable for the summer barbecue season. Solar lighting is a good alternative for making your patio, walkways, and gardens accessible at night without increasing your energy bill.
There are a wide range of solar lighting available, depending on budget and purpose. Here is a list of some of the types of lighting available, ranging from decorative to replacing standard lighting systems:
- Decorative: These include little creatures such as frogs, butterflies, or gnomes. They don’t add much light to the area but they are a great accent to a garden, patio, or front lawn.
- Fixture lights: They can be low to the ground, and provide more light than decorative figures. They are great for borders, landscapes or driveways.
- Tall fixtures: Think of tiki torches and you have an idea of tall fixtures that can help illuminate a path or small area.
- Hanging lights: they are similar to tall fixtures in terms of the amount of light they give off. Great for garden arches or patios
- Patio lights: These lights are brighter and designed to help illuminate a larger area
- spotlights: Are best for illuminating one specific area, as with a standard spotlight they range in size and intensity
If you are looking to use solar lighting for your Utah lawn this year, there are some things that you need to consider. They include:
- Goals: What are you looking to accomplish with your solar lights? How many will you need and what type to accomplish that goal?
- Natural light: In order for solar lights to be effective they need to receive adequate sunlight during the day.
- Budget: based on your goals and natural lighting, what type of lights will fit your goal and budget?
- Alternative sources: Some of these solar lights need batteries in order to work, while others can use solar panels if in a shaded area.
Solar lighting can be a nice way to illuminate your Utah lawn while reducing energy costs. Because more people are staying at home while on vacations, these lights can help you entertain guests this summer. Consider your lighting needs and budget, and determine if some or all of your lighting needs can be taken care of with solar lighting.